2024 KIA Telluride is the 2024 Kia EV9 considered an electric Telluride with the EV9 being a big deal as it is the first electric entry in the popular mid-sized three-row SUV segment.
Kia’s design team, led by Karim Habib, describes the EV9’s exterior as a “refined box”, a blend of sharp edges such as the triangular shape that juts out from the rear doors of a less dramatic version of the concept but also plenty of rounded shapes.
Expect to see this vertical front and rear light design in future Kias. This early prototype wears 21-inch wheels, but 19 and 20 will also be offered. The wheel inserts are also very sharp, with square and triangular options on display at the event we attended in Seoul to get a closer look at the EV9.
2024 KIA Telluride Review
The 2024 KIA Telluride is an impressive three-row SUV with a quiet, luxurious cabin and impressive technology. We quote from Mark Takahashi and Brian Wong of Edmunds on the features of the standard 2024 KIA Telluride with third-row seating that is friendly as well as spacious for adults.
The Kia Telluride has been a popular choice for many people shopping for a three-row midsize SUV and it certainly provides plenty of comforts.
The 2024 Telluride undergoes the most significant refresh in its short history with updated styling rugged new trim levels and enhanced driver assistance features.
- Plush ride and well-shaped seats offer all-day comfort
- Spacious interior for large families
- Plenty of standard tech and safety features for the money
- Driver assistance features work well and is easy to use
2024 KIA Telluride Interior
On the sides, the 2024 KIA Telluride interior is quite comfortable with the seats being supportive and well-contoured with almost pillow-like headrests. Outside noise barely makes its way inside making the cabin of the luxury car quiet even at freeway speeds which is impressive.
Engine noise is present but not intrusive for this three-row SUV, as the Telluride generally drives smoothly although it can be a little rough on uneven pavement. The off-road-oriented X-Pro turns out to be good on pavement too providing another layer of ride comfort and insulation from potholes and road seams.
The 2024 KIA Telluride also comes with a climate control system that is easy to use and regulates temperature well across all three rows. Although seat heating and ventilation is not the strongest on the market, it is nice to see it available for both first and second-row passengers.
In addition, the 2024 Telluride offers a very roomy and luxurious cabin with easy access to all three rows with excellent passenger space design in the second and third rows. Space feels more open thanks to the many large windows. Only the front passenger knee space is a little cramped.
Kia has repositioned the touchscreen closer to the driver making a very long reach a thing of the past. Visibility is excellent thanks to the many large windows. The camera system and parking sensors are helpful additions.
All 2024 Tellurides come with a range of collision prevention and mitigation systems as well as adaptive cruise control that operates to a stop. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration is standard, and numerous USB ports are spread across all three rows.
Wireless smartphone connectivity remains absent. A standard 12.3-inch infotainment touchscreen is fitted in-house which places it right next to the gauge cluster. This gives all trim levels a large display that is within easy reach of the driver’s seat.
The 2024 Tellurides SX and above models also get a matching 12.3-inch instrument cluster display. The larger instrument cluster display makes the blind spot display system more functional.
The previous display was only 7 inches and small and pixelated and Kia’s Highway Driving Assistance system is great. It accelerates that decelerates smoothly while keeping the Telluride in the center of its lane without ping-ponging from side to side.
2024 KIA Telluride Engine and Performance
The 2024 KIA Telluride is a satisfying SUV to drive. Its V6 engine is responsive though its immediate acceleration is ultimately average for a three-row SUV.
The 2024 KIA Telluride delivers 0 to 60 mph in 7.5 seconds very similar to the acceleration of the Honda Pilot and Hyundai Palisade. The brakes are strong and can stop the Telluride quickly.
The 2024 Telluride with technology is light at parking speeds and the weight rises naturally when turning. Telluride is stable during U-turns and does not exhibit excessive body roll.
With the fuel-saving stop-start feature, the engine runs smoothly and quietly on the 2024 KIA Telluride. The transmission boost can be a little rough under hard acceleration, and the transmission can search around on certain climbs.
2024 KIA Telluride MPG
The 2024 Telluride all- wheel-drive’s EPA-estimated fuel economy is slightly below average at 21 mpg combined (19 city/24 highway) with results of about 23 mpg on a 115-mile mixed driving evaluation route indicating that the EPA figures are realistic.
The Kia Telluride is available in five trim levels: LX, S, EX, SX, and SX Prestige. On the other hand, there are also X-Line versions of the EX, SX, and SX Prestige, along with the X-Proversi SX and SX-Prestige.
Each trim comes standard with a 3.8-liter V6 (291 horsepower, 262 lb-ft of torque) paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission. Front-wheel drive is standard, and all-wheel drive is available on all trims except the SX Prestige, which comes with standard AWD. Highlighted features include:
Starts you off with:
- 18-inch wheels
- LED headlights
- Keyless entry and start button
- Eight-passenger seating
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Rear passenger automatic climate control
- Synthetic leather seats
- 12.3-inch touchscreen with navigation
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration
- Six-speaker audio system
All Tellurides are also equipped with these advanced driver aids:
- Adaptive cruise control (maintains a driver-set distance between the Telluride and the car ahead; can also react to traffic signs and regulate speed)
- Blind spot warning with rear cross-traffic alert (warns you if a vehicle is in your blind spot when changing lanes or when backing up)
- Forward collision mitigation (warns you of an impending collision and brakes in certain scenarios)
- Lane-keeping assist (steers the car back into its lane if it starts to stray from lane markers)
The mid-level S trim is built on the LX base, adding:
- 20-inch wheels
- Roof rails
- Heated front seats
- Power-adjustable driver’s seat
- Second-row captain’s chairs (for seven seatings)
- Wireless phone charger
The EX trim returns to the second-row bench (optional captain’s chairs) and 18-inch wheels but adds more features, including:
- Power-folding outside mirrors
- Hands-free liftgate with the intelligent opening system (stand behind the liftgate for 3 seconds with the key fob and it opens automatically)
- Leather seating
- Power-adjustable passenger seat
- Ventilated front seats
- Second-row window blinds
- Sound-absorbing front door window glass
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror
SX includes all standard and optional EX features listed above plus:
- Double sunroof
- Upgraded power driver’s seat with memory settings
- 10-speaker Harman Kardon audio system
- 12.3-inch instrument cluster display
- Blind-Spot View Monitor (features a blind-spot camera display in the Telluride instrument cluster)
- Surround-view camera system (gives you a top-down view of Telluride and its surroundings for tight parking situations)
- Highway Driving Assist 2 (an adaptive cruise control upgrade that adds the ability to change lanes by simply bumping the turn signal)
- Enhanced front collision mitigation system that detects oncoming and passing traffic and adds evasive steering assistance
The SX Prestige tops it all off with:
- Premium leather seats
- Head-up display (displays important information in your line of sight on the windshield)
- Heated and ventilated second-row seats
- Heated steering wheel
- 110-volt household-style outlet
- Customizable ambient interior lighting
Optional Tow Package available for EX and SX includes:
- Self-leveling rear suspension
- Tow hitch with trailer wiring harness connector
X-Line and X-Pro
There are X-Line versions of the EX, SX, and SX Prestige. They add:
- Standard all-wheel drive
- Slightly raised suspension for higher ground clearance (0.4 inches)
- Higher roof rails
- Distinctive grille design
- 20-inch wheels with all-season tires
- Enhanced traction control system
X-Pro is for SX and SX Prestige trims only. It has the same features as the X-Line but with:
- 18-inch wheels with all-terrain tires
- Increased towing capacity from 5,000 to 5,500 pounds
- 110-volt household-style outlet in the cargo area
- Off-road-oriented suspension adjustments
2024 Kia EV9 Electric Telluride
As automakers dive into the world of electric vehicles, we’ve seen compact crossovers and luxury sedans, and even some pickup trucks. While there are still plenty of segments without all-electric offerings the most surprising may be the lack of three-row crossovers from mainstream brands.
Enter the 2024 Kia EV9, which ditches the South Korean brand’s conservative last-ditch approach to a new segment for an early adopter swan dive. While Kia has yet to share technical details on its first three-row EV look for all that towards the end of March.
When Kia planned the digital debut for the EV9 the company did invite the media to Seoul South Korea to see a full-size prototype sporting the final production design.
The 2024 KIA Telluride features softer edges and larger wheel arches, and growing headlights replace the bounce pattern found in the concept. Design motifs include a wide fascia connecting slim vertical headlights that borrow heavily from the concept and production of Telluride.
There is also an arrow-straight beltline that appears abruptly after passing through the rear doors with triangular character lines forming the rear and leading edges of the front and rear wheel arches respectively, and a very geometric wheel design.
There is also an arrow-straight beltline that appears suddenly after passing through the rear doors with triangular character lines that respectively form the rear and leading edges of the front and rear wheel arches and a very geometric wheel design.
The interior of the 2024 KIA Telluride takes a similarly evolved approach from the concept. The dashboard uses negative space to further integrate a floating slab-style display housing that includes two 12.3-inch screens.
The shelf-like dashboard also hides touch capacitive buttons for navigating the infotainment screens. The open space in front of the center console emphasizes the space and flat floor afforded by the electric architecture.
2024 KIA Telluride Release Date
Since the Kia Telluride 2023 came out in the fall of 2022, we expect the 2024 model to go on sale before the end of 2023.
2024 KIA Telluride Price
Our estimate of the price of the 2024 KIA Telluride will start from $36,890.
People also ask KIA Telluride 2024
Q: Will there be a 2024 Telluride?
A: With the expected 12.3-inch dual panoramic display and available Open Skies dual sunroof, the 2024 KIA Telluride will be equipped with the high-end technology and cabin amenities that many drivers and families crave. Other expected Kia Telluride 2024 interior features include Heated and ventilated seating.
Q: Is Kia redesigning Telluride?
A: What’s New for 2023? Styling updates for 2023 update the Telluride to make it more attractive, including a refreshed grille, redesigned headlights, and a new front bumper. Inside, Kia has integrated a new all-digital instrument panel with dual 12.3-inch screens that serve as an infotainment display and gauges.
Q: Will the 2023 Kia Telluride be redesigned?
A: The Telluride gets a new redesign for 2023. A new grille, redesigned headlights, and new bumpers. Inside, you can’t help but notice the new all-digital instrument panel, with dual 12.3-inch screens that serve as infotainment and gauge displays.
Q: When to expect the 2023 Kia Telluride?
A: The 2023 Kia Telluride is coming soon to a Kia dealer near you, with an expected arrival in Fall 2022.